Sunday 9 May 2010

Bounce & Rhyme at the Bridge

Blondie Boy and I decided to go check out Bounce and Rhyme Time at The Bridge. Blondie Boy loves reading and singing so it seemed like a perfect fit! Plus it's free and was only a mile and a bit walk from our house.
There were lots of other Mommies and babies as well as some older toddlers and children, too. The session started with a "Hello" song to all the babies and then worked it's way through lots of nursery rhymes; the older children got to request their favorite songs.
Unfortunately for Blondie Boy I couldn't sing along to most of the songs-- some of them I'd never heard in my life (Wind the Bobbin up), some had different tunes (Baa Baa Black Sheep) and some had different words (Wheels on the Bus).

However, Blondie Boy seemed to enjoy himself and I was surprised that a 15 week old sat through the entire session without any fuss. He even attempted to play a musical instrument (a jingly-jangly rattle thing). After all the songs the older kids had a story read to them, which they seemed to enjoy.

I think we'll try it again, but maybe bring Dad next time since he'll be able to sing along!

No comments:

Post a Comment